- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leading Chinese online ticketing and marketing platform Beijing Weying Technology Co., Ltd., has acquired the Chinese distribution rights to nine Wild Bunch films.
The films include competition films Loveless from Andrey Zvyagintsev, Michel Hazanavicius‘ Redoubtable, Jacques Doillon’s Rodin, Lynne Ramsay’s You Were Never Really Here, A Gentle Creature and festival film Ismael’s Ghosts. Also, the company took rights to Un Certain Regard selection Tesnota; 12 Jours, which played as a special screening; and Racer and the Jailbird, which is in post-production.
CAA brokered the deal with Weying, which aims to promote world-class movies to Chinese audiences and co-founded the Nationwide Alliance of Arthouse Cinemas led by SARFT’s China Film Archive, which covers 100 cinemas in 31 Chinese provinces.
“Wild Bunch is an elite company that continuously provides world-class masterpieces. We feel honored to have this opportunity to work with them,” said Dan Yang, senior vice president of Weying. “One of our missions is to bridge content with its target audiences and let Chinese filmgoers truly enjoy high-quality films through our sophisticated and integrated platform.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day