- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The poster for the 53rd edition of La Semaine de la Critique (Critics’ Week), which runs during the Festival de Cannes, features Kate Moran, one of the stars of You and the Night, the first feature of Yann Gonzalez, a filmmaker “discovered” in the sidebar.
Posing for photographer Jean-Claude Moireau, the actress sits astride a motorbike, looking like she’s ready to conquer new horizons.
STORY: Cannes Critics Week Jury to Be Led by Andrea Arnold
La Semaine de la Critique is dedicated to bringing fresh filmmakers to bigger audiences.
Previous filmmakers emerging blinking from the famous Cannes sidebar include Chris Marker, Jean Eustache, Paul Morrissey, Ken Loach, Wong Kar-wai, Leos Carax, Arnaud Desplechin, Guillermo del Toro, Jacques Audiard, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Keren Yedaya, Quentin Dupieux and Jeff Nichols.
La Semaine de la Critique in Cannes runs May 15-23 with 10 short and 10 feature films.
The poster, conceived by the digital agency Les bons faiseurs, “captures the creative energy of a whole new generation of filmmakers,” organizers said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day