- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It was an eventful day at the Cannes film Festival on Friday, leading to several interesting stories in The Hollywood Reporter’s Day 4 daily.
Chopard jewels worth more than $1 million were stolen from a Chopard employees hotel room. Cannes police told THR that the value of the stolen jewelry was about $1.4 million, and that the whole safe was taken out of the wall in the hotel room. The suspect was able to get to the safe through an adjoining room with a connecting door.
In what has become an annual Cannes ritual, impresario Harvey Weinstein summoned a crowd full of press and buyers Friday night to the Majestic Hotel for a show-and-tell spotlighting upcoming features from The Weinstein Company.
Asghar Faradi‘s The Past had its red carpet premiere, featuring The Artist star Berenice Bejo.
Click Here to Read the Day 4 PDF
Click Here to Read the Day 3 PDF
Click Here to Read the Day 2 PDF
Click Here to Read the Day 1 PDF
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Adam Devine and Pierce Brosnan Team Up After a Bank Robbery in Netflix’s ‘The Out-Laws’ Trailer
The Little Mermaid
Box Office: ‘The Little Mermaid’ Gets Doused in China, South Korea After Racist Backlash
Michael Keaton Teases ‘Beetlejuice 2’: “We’re Doing It Exactly Like We Did the First Movie”
Lukas Gage, Megan Suri and Harvey Guillén Join Jack Quaid in Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Companion’