- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, described as a darkly humorous drama set against the backdrop of the international art world, will co-star Danish actor Claes Bang, best known for his work in the original version of crime drama The Bridge. Danish actor Christopher Laesso will also star, and internationally renowned gallery owner Marina Schiptjenko will play herself in the film.
Ostlund’s Force Majeure won the jury prize in Cannes’ Un Certain Regard sidebar in 2014 and was later nominated for a Golden Globe for best foreign-language film. The Square is based on Ostlund’s original screenplay. Force Majeure cinematographer Fredrik Wenzel, production designer Josefin Asberg and editor Jacob Schulsinger return on The Square.
Erik Hemmendorff is producing the film for Plattform Produktion in co-production with Sweden’s Film Vast and the Coproduction Office, which is also handling international sales. The film will be shot from June to October in Sweden and Berlin for a 2017 release.