- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Filmmaker James Gray, who is returning this year to the Cannes Film Festival with his latest directing effort, is set to direct an sci-fi thriller for RT Features.
The logline is being kept under strict wraps. Gray will direct from a script he wrote with Ethan Gross (Fringe); CAA brokered the deal and is representing domestic rights.
RT founder and CEO Rodrigo Teixeira will serve as producer, with the company’s Sophie Mas and Lourenco Sant Anna executive producing.
Gray’s upcoming film The Immigrant, a period piece starring Jeremy Renner, Joaquin Phoenix and Marion Cotillard, will screen in competition at Cannes on May 24. The Weinstein Company will distribute the film in the U.S. It’s his third directing effort to play in Cannes after The Yards, We Own the Night and Two Lovers (that means that only film he’s directed that hasn’t come to Cannes is Little Odessa).
Blood Ties, written by Gray, also is playing in Cannes this year.
The Brazil-based RT Features recently produced Noah Baumbach’s Frances Ha, starring Greta Gerwig, Mickey Sumner and Adam Driver, and Kelly Reichardt’s Night Moves, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Dakota Fanning.
Gray is represented by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Eyes of Tammy Faye