- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A dancing, laughing, skirt-swirling Claudia Cardinale graces the official poster for the 70th anniversary of the Cannes Film Festival.
Cannes unveiled its official poster, which celebrates the Italian actress and social activist in red-and-gold glory, on Wednesday. The 70th Cannes festival runs May 17-28.
“I am honored and proud to be flying the flag for the 70th Festival de Cannes,’ said Cardinale in a statement, “and delighted with this choice of photo. It’s the image I myself have of the festival, of an event that illuminates everything around. That dance on the rooftops of Rome was back in 1959. No one remembers the photographer’s name … I’ve also forgotten it. But this photo reminds me of my origins, and of a time when I never dreamed of climbing the steps of the world’s most famous cinema hall. Happy anniversary!”
The poster was designed by Bronx agency in Paris with Philippe Savoir of Filifox creating the image’s visual identity.
Pedro Almodovar will preside over this year’s Cannes festival jury, and Italian-French actress Monica Bellucci will serve as master of ceremonies. Cannes’ full competition lineup will be announced April 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day