- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, last seen under a heap of rubble with Lena Headey in Game of Thrones‘ penultimate episode, looks troubled in this first look from Robin Pront’s thriller The Silencing.
Also starring Annabelle Wallis and Hero Fiennes-Tiffin, the film comes from the Nicholl Fellowship-winning script by Micah Ranum and is produced by Cybill Lui of Anova Pictures and executive produced by XYZ Films.
XYZ is handling global sales and representing the U.S. with Endeavor Content in Cannes. The film is currently in production in Canada with Matt Code of Wildling Pictures co-producing.
The Silencing follows a reformed hunter (Coster-Waldau) who becomes involved in a deadly game of cat and mouse when he and the local sheriff set out to track a vicious killer who may have kidnapped his daughter years ago.
XYZ’s Cannes slate that includes Lorcan Finnegan’s Vivarium, premiering at the festival; Joe Penna’s Stowaway, starring Anna Kendrick and Toni Collette; Benson and Moorhead’s Synchronic, starring Anthony Mackie and Jamie Dornan; Richard Stanley’s Color Out of Space, starring Nicolas Cage; and Jim Taihuttu’s The East, starring Marwan Kenzari and Martijn Lakemeier.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day