- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Grindstone Entertainment has picked up all North American rights for A Stork’s Journey (aka Richard the Stork), a 3D animated feature with a voice cast that includes Glee‘s Jane Lynch and actor/singer Drake Bell.
The film will have an all-platform rollout via Lionsgate and Google Play in the U.S. and will go out theatrically in 10 territories, day and date on June 30.
Bell voices Richard, a tiny sparrow who self-identifies as a stork having grown up with a family of the giant migratory birds. When the rest of the storks leave for Africa to spend the winter, Richard is determined to follow, even if it means a hitchhiking journey through Europe, by train, bus and boat.
With the North American deal, A Stork’s Journey is now sold out worldwide. Previous deals include with Icon Film Distribution for the U.K., Paradis Films for France, M2 Pictures for Italy, and Spire Media for China.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day