- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — IFC Midnight has acquired the U.S. rights to The Vicious Brothers’ sci-fi horror film Extraterrestrial from Vicarious Entertainment, Twin Engine Films and Buffalo Films.
Written by Colin Minihan and Stuart Ortiz, who bill themselves as The Vicious Brothers, and directed by Minihan, the film, which played the Tribeca Film Festival, stars Brittany Allen, Freddie Stroma, Jesse Moss, Melanie Papalia, Gil Bellows and Michael Ironside.
It follows a group of friends on a weekend trip to an inevitable cabin in the woods where they find themselves terrorized by aliens.
Shawn Angelski and Martin Fisher produced along with Twin Engine films and Pink Buffalo Films. Vicarious Entertainment’s Paris Kasidokostas-Latsis and Terry Dougas financed and are executive producers, along with Randy Manis through his ManisFilm.
CAA, which arranged financing for the film, brokered the deal. Cargo Entertainment is handling foreign sales.
IFC Midnight is a sister label to IFC Films and Sundance Selects, and is owned and operated by AMC Networks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day