- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hollywood Reporter has the first exclusive clip from Joachim Trier‘s hotly-anticipated Cannes title Louder Than Bombs.
The film, Trier’s English-language debut, stars Jesse Eisenberg, Isabelle Huppert, Gabriel Byrne and Devin Druid as a dysfunctional family. It has its world premiere in competition in Cannes on Monday. Trier first caught the attention of arthouse fans with well-received Nordic dramas Oslo, August 31st (2011) and Reprise (2006).
The story follows a father (Byrne) as he struggles to reconnect with his two sons (Eisenberg and Druid) following the death of their mother (Huppert). Amy Ryan and David Strathairn co-star.
The clip shows that Trier’s American debut has stayed true to his signature melancholic style. The film features non-linear storytelling, moving back and forth in the past. Our clip goes back to a point before Huppert’s death and depicts an ordinary domestic scene. However, much lurks below the surface.
Memento Films International is selling Louder than Bombs in Cannes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day