- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie details the story of an aging 1970s musician (Pacino) still living fast — thanks to drugs, sex and a much-younger girlfriend — who gives it all up to reconnect with the son he never knew and try and make music he wants.
Annette Bening and Bobby Cannavale also star in the film to be produced by Denise DiNovi (Crazy, Stupid, Love), Jessie Nelson (I Am Sam) and Nimitt Mankad (Today’s Special).
Imagine is being touted to buyers by David Garrett‘s Mister Smith Entertainment during the upcoming Marche du Film.
Originally sold to Warner Brothers, the film is being independently financed by Inimitable Pictures’ Mankad and Shivani Rawat through a film fund backed by Manoj Bhargava, the founder of 5 Hour Energy.
Shooting will commence late June/early July in Los Angeles.
WME Global brokered the deal with Mister Smith Entertainment and will handle the U.S. sale of the film.
On behalf of Inimitable Pictures, Stephen Dembitzer negotiated the agreement with Mister Smith Entertainment.
Fogelman said: “The film is a labor of love for all of us, and I simply cannot wait to watch them all get in the ring with Al Pacino. It’s going to be very special.”
The project at previous markets had originally been touted with Julianne Moore and Jeremy Renner attached.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day