- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES – Lionsgate has signed a new, multiyear output deal with Nordisk Film that will give the Danish media giant exclusive rights all titles from Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment for all of Scandinavia.
Nordisk already had an output deal in place with Summit. The new agreement extends the agreement to cover films from Lionsgate, which acquired Summit earlier this year.
The new deal was announced in Cannes on May 18 by Lionsgate Motion Picture Group co-chairs Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman and Peter Philipsen, general manager of independent Films at Nordisk Film.
“We are proud to extend Summit’s longstanding relationship with the team at Nordisk Film to include both the Lionsgate and Summit brands in Scandinavia,” said Wachsberger, calling the deal “a natural evolution of our historic partnership that promises significant benefits for both partners.”
Upcoming films on the Lionsgate-Summit slate that will be part of Nordisk’s output include Catching Fire, the next installment in the blockbuster Hunger Games franchise, the last film in the Twilight Saga and a reboot of Dirty Dancing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day