- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mad Men‘s Elisabeth Moss has signed on to play a scream queen in Bryan Bertino‘s horror film There Are Monsters.
Bertino’s script, billed by backers as an “emotionally gripping and visceral” horror film, follows a single mother and her terrified young daughter, who are trapped and tormented by a mysterious creature.
The film will be produced by American Hustle‘s Richard Suckle and Adrienne Biddle (Mockingbird).
U.K. sales and finance banner Embankment Films will tout the project to international buyers during the Marche du Film in Cannes.
Suckle is producing via his Atlas Entertainment banner alongside Biddle’s Unbroken Pictures; Biddle also produced Bertino’s Mockingbird.
Sonny Mallhi, who executive produced Bertino’s 2008 horror hit The Strangers as well as House at the End of the Street and The Roommate, will serve as executive producer.
Pre-production is due to get underway in the fall.
Moss is represented by Gay Ribisi, WME and Independent Talent in the U.K., with UTA and Sloane Offer repping Bertino.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day