- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This year’s AmfAR gala is set to bring some star power to Cannes, with Mariah Carey set to topline the annual fundraising fete on May 23.
She will be joined by Dua Lipa, The Struts and Tom Jones in the powerhouse lineup at what has become the fortnight’s biggest bash, held at the Hotel du Cap in nearby Antibes.
Chris Tucker will host the evening, which benefits the AIDS research charity.
The event has been the hottest ticket during the film festival in past years, but had hit a few bumps with the high-profile departures of former host Sharon Stone, former chair Kenneth Cole (following financial investigations) and longtime sponsor Harvey Weinstein in the aftermath of his assorted scandals.
Elizabeth Hurley, Dakota Johnson, Pedro Almodovar and Sylvester Stallone are among those slated to attend, along with the bevy of models that will bring the fashion-glam factor in French editor Carine Roitfeld’s annual runway show.
This year’s theme, titled “We Can Be Heroes,” is inspired by the late David Bowie and will feature an auction that boasts original couture designs from Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Prada. Last year’s collection went for $1.6 million.
The AmfAR event has raised over $210 million in its 25 years.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sundance Film Festival