- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film was written and directed by Academy Award nominee Deniz Gamze Erguven (Mustang), marking her first English-language feature.
Maven Pictures co-founders Trudie Styler, Celine Rattray and Charlotte Ubben executive produced alongside Wei Han of Bliss Media. Maven and Bliss also co-financed the film. It is produced and co-financed by Charles Gillibert of CG Cinema. Vincent Maraval’s Insiders is handling international sales, with Maraval also serving as an executive producer.
The Orchard is planning a fall release for the film, which is currently in postproduction.
Set in 1992 in South Central Los Angeles, Kings focuses on a foster family’s arrival to town just a few weeks before the city erupts in violence following the verdict of the Rodney King trial.
The deal marks the second prebuy acquisition for The Orchard at Cannes following a deal for Under the Eiffel Tower.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day