- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Red-carpet prankster Vitalii Sediuk caused a commotion at the world premiere of DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon 2 at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday night when he raced onto the red carpet and sneaked under the dress of actress America Ferrera.
DreamWorks Animation topper Jeffrey Katzenberg looked on, apparently puzzled, as Sediuk crawled underneath the skirt of Ferrera’s stunning white Georges Hobeika Couture gown.
Sediuk, a Ukrainian journalist, has bedeviled red carpets and awards shows on several occasions before. He was once slapped by Will Smith after he attempted to kiss the actor on a red carpet. On another occasion he aggressively hugged Bradley Cooper in the crotch at a premiere. And in 2013, he stormed the Grammys stage during Adele‘s acceptance speech before getting hauled off by security.
Ferrera, who does the voice of Astrid in the film, seemed initially unaware of the intrusion as she posed for photographers with her co-stars Jay Baruchel, Kit Harington, Cate Blanchett and Djimon Hounsou.
But Cannes security quickly took charge, dragging Sediuk out from under the dress and off the red carpet (see below). He was later arrested.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day