- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Robert Pattinson gets a serious makeover in the Safdie brothers’ man-on-the-run crime thriller Good Time, which will have its world premiere in competition at the Cannes Film Festival on May 25.
A goateed Pattinson stars as Constantine Nikas in the film by Josh and Benny Safdie.
The film opens in the wake of a botched bank robbery that has landed Pattinson’s character’s younger brother in prison and follows Constantine through the course of what’s described as “one adrenalized night” as he races the clock to save his sibling.
A24 will open the film, which also stars Jennifer Jason Leigh and Barkhad Abdi, on Aug. 11.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Helen Mirren Brings Environmental Message to Italy’s Ora! Festival and Warns: “Misogyny Is Always Lurking”
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
‘Transformers: Rise of the Beasts’ Review: Seventh Installment Is Comfort Food for Fans
Adam Devine and Pierce Brosnan Team Up After a Bank Robbery in Netflix’s ‘The Out-Laws’ Trailer
The Little Mermaid
Box Office: ‘The Little Mermaid’ Gets Doused in China, South Korea After Racist Backlash