- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert Pattinson, who is in Cannes with his latest film Good Time, will star in the two-part movie The Souvenir along with Tom Burke, Ariane Labed and Richard Ayoade.
Joanna Hogg will direct the 1980s-set romantic mystery that centers on a young film student who is involved in her first serious love affair with a complicated and untrustworthy man.
The female lead has not yet been cast. Burke will play the “untrustworthy man” in the first film, while Pattinson will take on the lead male role of the second film.
Martin Scorsese will executive produce with his Sikelia Productions partner Emma Tillinger Koskoff. Luke Schiller will produce the pic, which is being introduced in Cannes by Protagonist.
Pattinson was recently seen in The Lost City of Z with Charlie Hunnam and Queen of the Desert with Nicole Kidman. He stars in the Safdie brothers’ Good Time, which is playing at the festival. The actor is repped by WME, Curtis Brown Group in the U.K. and Sloane, Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America