- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The action-thriller feature The Doorman, starring Ruby Rose (The Meg, Batwoman) and French actor Jean Reno (Leon: The Professional), has filled out its lead cast with an eclectic collection of stars from around the world, including U.K. actor Rupert Evans, Norwegian actor Aksel Hennie, U.S. actor Julian Feder, Japanese actor Hideaki Ito and Danish actor David Sakurai.
Currently in production, the pic is being helmed by award-winning Japanese director Ryûhei Kitamura, known for The Midnight Meat Train.
The Doorman tells the story of an officer in the Marines who encountered traumatic events while serving her country and returns home looking for an opportunity to heal. She seeks refuge as a doorman at a labyrinthine, historic New York apartment building — until she encounters mercenaries who are intent upon destroying everything in their way to retrieve precious art hidden in its walls.
This story first appeared in The Hollywood Reporter’s May 19 daily issue at the Cannes Film Festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day