- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The script, written by Arnold, centers on a teen who joins a magazine sales crew and gets caught up in a whirlwind of hard partying, law bending and young love.
Lars Knudsen and Jay Van Hoy are producing the project via Parts & Labor, along with Thomas Benski and Lucas Ochoa of Pulse Films and Pouya Shahbazian. Film4 developed and is backing the film.
Protagonist Pictures will be introducing the project to buyers at next month’s Cannes Film Festival.
Arnold has become a Cannes staple over the years, with two of her projects, 2009’s Fish Tank and 2006’s Red Road, earning jury prizes at the fest, and also winning BAFTAs. She also served on the Critics’ Week jury last year. She most recently directed 2011’s Wuthering Heights.
LaBeouf, who has become known for his offscreen activities as of late, most recently appeared in David Ayer‘s Fury, and has wrapped work on thriller Man Down. He’s repped by CAA, John Crosby Management and Matthew Saver Law Offices.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day