- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
South Korean distributor Showbox/Mediaplex has signed a string of pre-sales on Assassination, directed by Choi Dong-hoon, including the rights for North American territories to Well Go USA Entertainment.
The film, which was produced by Caper Films, features Gianna Jun, Lee Jung-jae and Ha Jung-woo and is due to be released in July in Korea.
The movie is a spy thriller set in Shanghai and Seoul in 1933 during the Japanese occupation, depicting the story of an assassination clan ordered to kill the Japanese commander by the interim government of Korea.
An international teaser poster and brief synopsis was released at Cannes. The movie was first launched at Hong Kong Filmart in March and was picked up by Bona for China, Edko Film for Hong Kong, Moviecloud for Taiwan, Dream Movies for Singapore and Malaysia, PT. Prima Cinema Multimedia for Indonesia, Coral Culture Content for Thailand and Viva Communications for The Philippines.
Showbox‘s slate also includes The Classified File, directed by Kwak Kyung-taek, The Throne, a period drama by veteran director Lee Joon-ik, and Lee Yoon-ki’s A Man And A Woman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day