- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steven Soderbergh’s top-secret directorial project Logan Lucky is building up its cast as the hot package is shopped in Cannes.
Riley Keough, who stars in the TV series The Girlfriend Experience (which is executive produced by Soderbergh), has joined the cast.
Soderbergh, who hasn’t helmed a movie since 2013’s medical thriller Side Effects, is returning to directing with Logan Lucky, which has been shrouded in secrecy since it first broke ahead of the Berlin Film Festival in February. The director has never officially confirmed he’ll be breaking out of his self-declared retirement, but Filmnation is selling international rights in Cannes.
Channing Tatum and Michael Shannon will star in the project, playing brothers who plan a heist during a high-profile NASCAR race. Gregory Jacobs, Mark Johnson and Reid Carolin are producing.
Keough collaborated with Soderbergh for the first time when she appeared in 2012’s Magic Mike, which he directed. She now stars in Starz’s The Girlfriend Experience, which is based on Soderbergh’s 2009 film. She will be seen in American Honey, which is playing in Cannes, and she stars with Jena Malone in Lovesong. Repped by WME and Thirty Three Management, Keough’s other credits include Mad Max: Fury Road.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
West Side Story