- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The deal will see the two European giants split distribution on the film — a drama about a Danish solider returning from a tour of duty in Afghanistan — with Nordisk distributing in Scandinavia and StudioCanal handling France, Germany, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand. StudioCanal will take over remaining international sales and will be pitching the film to buyers in Cannes.
“From the moment we saw A Hijacking, we knew that Tobias Lindholm was a director we wanted to work with at StudioCanal,” said Ron Halpern, EVP international production and acquisitions. “As a writer and director, he is clearly one of the most exciting talents in Europe today.”
A War reteams Lindholm with his R and Hijacking star Pilou Asbaek (Borgen), who stars as Major Claus Michael Pedersen, a soldier put on trial upon his return from Afghanistan. Filling out the cast are Tuva Novotny, Soren Malling, Charlotte Munck and Dulfi Al-Jabouri. Lindholm, who penned the screenplay to Oscar-nominee The Hunt, also wrote the script to A War.
Tomas Radoor and Rene Ezra will produce A War for Nordisk.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day