- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Toby Kebbell, most recently seen in Fantastic Four, will star in action thriller Category 5.
The Fast and the Furious director Rob Cohen will helm the film, which follows a team of tech hackers who infiltrate a U.S. Mint facility for a $200 million heist just as the storm of the century, Category 5, is about to strike. A meteorologist, a hurricane chaser and a woman treasury agent must survive the horrific storm while stopping the thieves from getting away with the heist of the century.
Scott Windhauser and Cohen wrote the script for the project, which Howard Baldwin, Karen Baldwin, Michael Tadross Jr., Danny Roth and Cohen will produce.
Foresight Unlimited’s Mark Damon and Tamara Birkemoe will executive produce and are handling foreign sales at Cannes.
Kebbell has several big projects coming up in 2016, including Paramount’s big Ben-Hur remake, J.A. Bayona’s A Monster Calls and Universal’s Warcraft. Plus, he’ll appear in Warner Bros.’ Kong: Skull Island. He was last seen in Fox’s Fantastic Four and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Kebbell is represented by CAA and Independent Talent Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sterling K. Brown