- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Due to the non-stop rain drenching Cannes on Saturday, The Hollywood Reporter has decided to move its International Artist of the Year party honoring Fan Bingbing to the Martinez hotel ballroom, Acqua1, where Cannes’ industry elite can enjoy a warm reception and feel free to wear their best cocktail attire (and shoes) without fear of being soaked to the bone.
The private event, co-hosted by THR editorial director Janice Min, publisher Lynne Segall and CEO Pierre Denis of Jimmy Choo, will be at the same time as originally announced, 8 to 10 p.m. on May 18.
Fan Bingbing, China’s leading movie star and fashion icon, will be honored at the event as International Artist of the Year. The award recognizes a rising global celebrity whose work has the power to affect entertainment around the world.
“It’s truly an honor to receive this award from The Hollywood Reporter, which is known internationally for journalistic excellence,” said Fan. “I’m very proud and especially excited to receive this honor at Cannes.”
The event was originally scheduled for the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar atop the Palais des Festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day