- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hiddleston would play renowned war photographer Robert Capa, Atwell the acclaimed photojournalist Gerda Taro. Born Andrei Friedman and Gerta Pohorylle, Capa and Taro reinvented themselves after fleeing the Nazis in 1934 to Paris, where they built a life together. It was there, after the war, that the two would create the Magnum photo agency in 1947.
Hiddleston will be seen next in Jim Jarmusch‘s Only Lovers Left Alive, which was a late edition to the Cannes competition lineup, following up with Thor: The Dark World, in which he will reprise his role as the villain god Loki. Atwell is currently in production on Captain America: The Winter Soldier, set for release in April 2014.
Williams, whose last feature was the drama Song for Marion, will direct from a script by Oscar-nominated screenwriter Menno Meyjes (The Color Purple).
Dutch production company Camera Entertainment will produce Close Enough together with Spain’s Kanzaman and British shingle Steel Mill Pictures. Camera’s Sim van Veen and Laurens Geels will produce, with Ken Marshall, Denise O’Dell and Mark Albela as executive producers.?
uConnect will begin presales on the title at the Cannes Film Festival next month. The deal was negotiated by Van Veen and uConnect’s Peter Rogers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day