- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Worldview Entertainment has signed on to finance and produce Joshua Zeman’s 52, a documentary about the search for a mysterious whale that also has attracted Adrian Grenier as a producer.
Zeman will direct from a treatment he wrote. Filming begins this fall and will include a seven-week expedition in the Pacific Ocean to search for the whale, identified by the call he makes at 52 hertz, which is said to be a unique sound for a whale.
Lucy Cooper at Alldayeveryday is producing with Grenier, under his label Reckless Productions, and Zeman of Gigantic Pictures. Worldview’s Christopher Woodrow, Molly Conners, Sarah E. Johnson and Maria Cestone will executive produce.
It will be the second doc for Worldview, which also backed the Academy Award-nominated The Square.
“There is still so much mystery in our oceans and the plight of this lonely whale speaks to something very human in all of us: the need to connect and be heard,” Zeman said.
Worldview’s dramatic feature The Search, directed by Michel Hazanavicius will debut as a competition entry in the festival on May 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day