- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One’s boutique distributor, which picked up world rights to the film — starring Marion Cotillard, Lea Seydoux, Vincent Cassel and Nathalie Baye — ahead of Cannes, also pointed to negotiations with distributors in other territories on additional pre-sales.
Dolan, who is also on the Cannes Film Festival jury, is set to start production on the Canada-France co-production with the English title It’s Only the End of the World in late May. Seville International is handling international sales of the film around the world, excluding France, where the film is being handled by MK2 and distributed by Diaphana/MK2.
Just La Fin Du Monde is based on a stage play of the same name by Jean-Luc Lagarce and tells the story of a writer returning to his hometown after a long absence to announce his upcoming death to his family. Dolan, Nancy Grant and Nathanael Karmitz will produce, along with Sylvain Corbeil.
eOne and Les Films Seville earlier announced they will release the film across Canada. The cameras will roll on Juste La Fin Du Monde ahead of Dolan shooting his first English-language movie, The Death and Life of John F. Donovan, in fall 2015.
The latest deals were secured for Seville International by Anick Poirier and Natalie Kampelmacher.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show