- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Xavier Dolan is teaming with Vice’s i-D Magazine to launch an online film script competition.
The project, branded #Magnifique, will be done in cooperation with ice cream maker Magnum. Unveiled at a press conference in Cannes Saturday, the project will see young would-be screenwriters submit short treatments, along with casting ideas, for short films of under 10 minutes. Three finalists will be selected by early September.
Dolan, who is serving on the jury at this year’s fest, will coach the three finalists, via Skype, in the making of the films, which Vice and ID will produce. The subject of the submissions, according to Magnum, should be “moment of pleasure.”
“I will be looking for honesty and boldness,” said Dolan. “But mostly honesty.”
Dolan’s past three films have screened at Cannes. His 2014 film, Mommy, won the Jury Prize last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Super Mario Bros.
Samuel L. Jackson