- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The latest international trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi starts with the past, but offers something entirely unseen to this point: a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it first glimpse at Canto Bight, the new wretched hive of scum and villainy that will play an important part in the movie.
Opening with scenes from 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the new trailer essentially repeats the first domestic Last Jedi trailer, with one important addition at the 2:00 mark: wolves of some kind (seemingly not the Vultpex seen in early trailers) smashing through the windows of what appears to be some kind of saloon. Canto Bight, it seems, isn’t going to have an easy time of it in the new movie.
According to the official Star Wars website, Canto Bight is “a casino city and playground for the galaxy’s ultra-rich … filled with casinos, racetracks, and other expensive distractions.” (It’s also the home to Benicio Del Toro’s new character.) The site says that it’s located on the planet Cantonica, which can get filed alongside Crait as another new heavenly body for The Last Jedi to introduce.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens Dec. 15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day