- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Captain America will have more than just Iron Man and the Black Panther to deal with in his third solo outing. Marvel Studios has announced that Inglorious Basterds‘ Daniel Bruhl has been added to the cast of 2016’s Captain America: Civil War.
In a statement accompanying Marvel’s announcement, studio president Kevin Feige cited the actor’s “ability to deliver intense, nuanced performances” as the reason behind his joining a cast that already includes Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. and Chadwick Boseman, making his Marvel debut as the Black Panther ahead of the 2017 solo feature for the character. Jeremy Renner has also been rumored to be attached to the project.
No details have been given about the character Bruhl will play in the film, to be directed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier‘s Joe and Anthony Russo, beyond the fact that he will play the villain in the movie — a potential break from the original Civil War comic series, which features pits Captain America and Iron Man against each other without a villain behind it all.
Captain America: Civil War is scheduled for a May 6, 2016 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day