- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Daniel Bruhl, who plays a key villain in Captain America: Civil War, is heading into space.
The German actor, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance in the racing movie Rush, is in final negotiations to join the esteemed cast of The God Particle, Paramount’s sci-fi thriller from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot.
David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, John Krasinski and Elizabeth Debicki have already signed on to the mission to play crewmembers aboard a space station who find themselves alone after a scientific experiment causes Earth to disappear. When a space shuttle appears, the space station crew must determine if they are friend or foe.
Bruhl will also be part of the team. Julius Onah is directing the movie. Paramount had no comment.
Brulh made his international debut by being part of the ensemble of Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds, playing a cinema-loving Nazi war hero. He recently wrapped war drama The Zookeeper’s Wife with Jessica Chastain.
He is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show