- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A sequel to last year’s Captain America: First Avenger will hit theaters April 4, 2014.
Walt Disney Studios, which will release the movie for Marvel Studios, announced the date Thursday. It puts the Captain America movie a month ahead of Sony’s scheduled release of a sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man on May 5, 2014.
Captain America, played by Chris Evans, also will be making an appearance as part of the team of superheroes who join forces in The Avengers, which Disney releases May 4.
The character will then move to a second movie as the headliner. Captain America: The First Avenger, grossed $369 million worldwide after its July release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Hugh Grant Says He Thinks There Would Be More Affairs on Set if Phones Were Banned
Victoria Alonso Clashed With Marvel Over Blurring Gay Pride References in ‘Ant-Man 3’ for Kuwait (Exclusive)
Priyanka Chopra Jonas Talks Quitting Bollywood for America: “I Was Tired of the Politics”