- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With buzz for Captain America: The Winter Soldier building, Marvel Studios is taking the unusual step of locking in directors for a third Captain America movie.
Marvel is in early discussions to bring back Anthony and Joe Russo — who are in post on Winter Soldier ahead of its April 4 release date — into the director’s chairs for the next installment.
No writer is hired yet but Marvel is hoping to keep the mojo of Winter Soldier going by having the Russos involved in the development of the story. The company usually waits for opening weekend box-office numbers before moving on hiring key creative talent, but its aggressive plans for its Phase Three slate as well as the strong early word on the movie have sparked the early overtures.
Chris Evans will be returning as the titular hero.
Marvel had no comment on development.
The Russos are repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day