- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
DeWanda Wise is on her way to the Marvel Universe.
The actress, known for her work on the Spike Lee series She’s Gotta Have It on Netflix, is joining Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel in a supporting role, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Brie Larson is starring as the Marvel superhero in the film directed by duo Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. Jude Law will also star in the film, which is set in the 1990s and features Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury. Ben Mendelsohn is playing the film’s villain. In the comics, Captain Marvel is the alter ego of Air Force pilot Carol Danvers, who becomes a hero when her DNA is fused with an alien’s after an accident.
Wise stars as Nola Darling on She’s Gotta Have It, which began streaming in November, and was seen last year on the Fox event series Shots Fired. She is repped by UTA.
Captain Marvel is set to open March 8, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Locarno Film Festival
We Cry Together