- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Captain Marvel has landed.
Marvel Studios has unveiled the first trailer for Captain Marvel, which stars Brie Larson as pilot-turned-superhero Carol Danvers. The film is set in the 1990s and picks up after Captain Marvel already has acquired alien powers and is working with alien race the Kree and must face a threat from the shape-shifting Skrulls.
Captain Marvel also stars Marvel Cinematic Universe favorites such as Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson, as well as Guardians of the Galaxy stars Lee Pace and Djimon Hounsou.
Captain Marvel was teased in a post-credits scene in Avengers: Infinity War, which showed Nick Fury sending a desperate page to the one person who might be able to save the day — and with good reason, as Carol Danvers is said to be the most powerful hero introduced in a Marvel movie yet.
Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are directing the film, which also stars Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Algenis Perez Soto, Rune Temte and McKenna Grace.
Captain Marvel is set to open March 8, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day