- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carrie-Anne Moss and Richard Armitage have joined Chloe Grace Moretz in the cast for Brain on Fire, the upcoming adaptation of Susannah Cahalan‘s New York Times best-selling memoir chronicling her sudden descent into insanity following a mystery illness.
Announced Thursday by Broad Green Pictures, Moss and Armitage will play the parents of Moretz, who plays Cahalan, a rising journalist who starts having seizures and hearing voices.
The film — currently in production in Vancouver — is being directing by rising Irish filmmaker Gerard Barrett (Glassland), with Charlize Theron‘s Denver & Delilah banner producing alongside Foundation Features.
Last month, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Moretz was to take the lead in Brain on Fire, having replaced Dakota Fanning, who pulled out due to a scheduling issue. Will Poulter (Maze Runner) was also in the initial cast lineup but pulled out.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day