- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carrie is getting a 2013 makeover — and that, apparently, includes a promotional viral video.
In a hidden-camera prank masterminded by Sony, an actress appears to use telekinetic powers to exact revenge on a clumsy coffee drinker. The video, which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday and amassed nearly 1 million views over the course of the day, uses a fake wall, remote controlled tables and chairs, as well as spring-loaded books and artwork on the walls. When “Carrie” loses her cool in a New York City coffee shop, unsuspecting patrons scatter. Watch below.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Most Notable Remakes
“There are other people out there like me who can do what I can do,” Chloe Grace Moretz, who plays the film’s title character, says at the video’s conclusion.
Carrie is set to hit theaters Oct. 18, co-starring Julianne Moore as Carrie’s mother and Judy Greer as her nurturing gym teacher. Kimberly Peirce‘s adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel features a few modern twists, including the use of cell phones and social media in high school.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day