- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Casablanca, one of the most famous movies of all time, is getting the pizzazz treatment from Warner Home Video which is unveiling a 70th anniversary edition March 27.
The three-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack in a gift set a reproduction of the 1942 French poster, a 60-page production art book and…a collectible drink coaster set?
The black and white classic starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman is coming a 4K scan with Warners hyperbolically calling it “the most beautiful it’s ever been!”
It also comes with two documentaries – Casablanca: An Unlikely Classic and Michael Curtiz: The Greatest Director You Never Heard Of.
The docs help trump the extras from the 2008 Ultimate Collector’s Edition (not so ultimate now, are you?) by not only incorporating that set’s bonus features but also incoporating some from previous editions as well. It also throws in three documentaries focusing the studio and its founders – You Must Remember This: The Warner Bros. Story, The Brothers Warner, and Jack L. Warner: The Last Mogul – and more vintage Warner cartoons and shorts from the early 1940s. All in all, there is more than 14 hours of extras.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day