- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The children of DJ Casey Kasem‘s first wife have announced they will hold their own memorial service in the legend’s honor on Saturday, June 21.
“Kerri, Mike and Julie Kasem will hold a private memorial service for family and friends on Saturday,” said Danny Deraney, spokesman for Kasem’s daughter Kerri Casey, her brother Mike, and sister Julie. “We will not give out the location to make sure the ceremony is kept private.”
Though Kerri invited Casey’s second wife, Jean Casey (who prefers to be called Jeannie), and her daughter Liberty, an aspiring singer, to join Kerri’s side of the family at what turned out to be his deathbed last weekend, Jeannie apparently left Mr. Kasem to fight for control of his medical treatment in a Los Angeles court.
Mr. Kasem’s widow has not announced her plans for his funeral, or any public event in his honor. Jeannie Kasem did not return several emails from THR, and may be averse to publicity, as suggested by her notorious meat-hurling incident on June 1, when she seemed to compare the media and Kerri’s side of the family to the dogs in the bible’s Psalm 59 who appear, slavering for meat, when people die (watch the incident below).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day