- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Twentieth Century Fox’s The Martian — director Ridley Scott’s highest grossing film with nearly $600 million worldwide — has sold one million Digital HD units since its Dec. 22 release, making it the quickest-selling live action Digital HD title to reach that milestone, Fox reported during CES.
The Digital HD release contains more than 90 minutes of special features, including an exclusively produced retrospective starring Jeff Daniels, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Sean Bean covering the “true” story behind the rescue, as well as two making of documentaries and a gag reel.
The film will be released Jan. 12 on 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD.
“This is the clearest indicator yet that consumers are embracing digital and it’s now a natural part of the purchase consideration for movie ownership,” said Mary Daily, president and CMO of worldwide marketing at Fox Home Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day