- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Free Association — the production shingle run by Channing Tatum, Reid Carolin and Peter Kiernan — has signed a first-look deal with MGM.
The studio and production are working together on Tatum’s directorial debut Dog, which is due out in theaters in 2021.
Free Association’s past credits include the 22 Jump Street and Magic Mike franchises, as well as the subsequent Magic Mike Live stage shows. Upcoming projects include Kevin Hart starrer Fatherhood, as well as Netflix’s Spaceman of Bohemia, starring Adam Sandler and directed by Johan Renck and Gorilla and the Bird for HBO, directed by Jean Marc Vallée, both of which are in pre-production.
Under film group chairman Michael De Luca and president Pamela Abdy, MGM has signed first-look deals with filmmakers that include Melina Matsoukas, Jennifer Todd and Christine Vachon and Pamela Koffler’s Killer Films, among others.
Free Association is represented by CAA and Hanson Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise