- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tatum and his Free Association banner will reteam with Temple Hill, the producers of Dear John, the 2010 drama he starred in and which was directed by Lasse Hallstrom.
Soundtrack of Silence, with a screenplay by Jamie Linden, is based on the KQED story about Matt Hay, a sophomore in college who is losing his hearing and wants to capture the sounds that are slipping away, including the songs and soundtrack of his youth.
That has the young man listening to music with a new appreciation as he develops a silent soundtrack in his head and deeper love for his girlfriend.
The producer credits on Soundtrack of Silence are shared by Tatum, Reid Carolin, Peter Kiernan, Marty Bowen, Isaac Klausner and John Fischer.
A director is yet to be attached to the project. Tatum has developed a career as both star and producer, making his mark with the Magic Mike and 21 Jump Street franchises.
Tatum is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show