- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charlie Day and Jenny Slate are set to lead an Amazon rom-com from the writers behind Love, Simon and This Is Us.
Gina Rodriguez, Scott Eastwood, Manny Jacinto and Clark Backo will also star in the project that will be directed by Jason Orley (Big Time Adolescence) from a script by Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger.
The story follows Emma (Slate) and Peter (Day), who thought they were on the precipice of life’s biggest moments — marriage, kids and houses in the suburbs — until their respective partners dumped them. In their 30s and terrified they have missed their shot at happily ever after, Emma and Peter are horrified to learn that their partners have already moved on. With no prospects on the horizon and the threat of dying alone hanging over their heads, they hatch a desperate plan to put an end to their exes’ new relationships and win them back.
Jami Gertz, Jordan Carlos, Midori Francis, Mason Gooding, Isabel May and Luke David Blumm round out the movie, which is due to begin shooting early next month in Atlanta.
Peter Safran and John Rickard of The Safran Company will produce with Aptaker and Berger via The Walk-Up Company. Day, Adam Londy and Bart Lipton will executive produce.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day