- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian distributor Mongrel Media has hired veteran film acquisition and sales exec Charlotte Mickie to head up newly launched Mongrel International.
Mickie becomes president of the new division, overseeing the acquisition and sales of films worldwide, beginning in Cannes.
The hire follows Mickie leaving rival Entertainment One’s international film division in January 2014 as Harold van Lier became president of eOne Films International.
Before that, Mickie oversaw international film ?sales at Alliance Atlantis and founded the Alliance Independent division.
Mickie will be shopping Mongrel International’s first acquisition, Aisling Walsh’s Maudie, on the Croisette, pre-selling worldwide rights, excluding Canada.
“She has been instrumental in bringing ?some of the most iconic independent films and directors to the world’s attention, and she will continue to build on this legacy at Mongrel International,” said Mongrel Media president Hussain Amarshi on Thursday in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day