- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Independence Day, the musical?
The Will Smith action blockbuster is getting the musical treatment at the Los Angeles-based Hollywood Fringe Festival, an annual arts festival featuring hundreds of productions by local, national, and international arts companies and independent performers.
Chaz Bono is starring in the 30 Minutes Musicals (30MM) production, which will have shows on June 18, 19, 23, 25, 26 and 30 at 8 p.m. in West Hollywood. Bono will play the president (the role of Bill Pullman in the film) in the production. He will indeed sing and dance.
PHOTOS: And Then There Was One… Music’s Most Successful Breakout Solo Acts
30MM: Independence Day is a Secondline Production, adapted/directed by Brooke Seguin, with original music by Dan Wessels and Brooke Seguin, produced by Tom Detrinis and Lindsay Wray.
30 Minutes Musicals has previously made musicals out of popular films Showgirls, Jurassic Park, Top Gun, Ghostbusters, Teen Witch and Home Alone. Bono, who was first transgender contestant on the ABC reality competition Dancing With the Stars, made his first foray into theater with 30MM’s musical production of Roadhouse.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day