- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Up-and-coming filmmaker Chloe Okuno has been tapped to rewrite and direct Bodies, Bodies, Bodies for A24.
The project is based on a spec script by Kristen Roupenian, the author of the viral New Yorker fiction story “Cat Person.“ The script was the first-ever spec acquired by the company behind this summer’s sleeper hit The Farewell and Midsommar.
Logline details are being kept under wraps, but sources have said that, like “Cat Person,” the script shows heightened sensitivity to character development and social dynamics in a subversive way.
Okuno directed the short film Slut, which was nominated for the grand jury prize at AFI Fest and earned her the Franklin J. Schaffner Fellow Award, one of the American Film Institute’s top honors. She is currently writing the remake of the 1977 supernatural thriller Audrey Rose for Orion Pictures.
Okuno is repped by Verve, Circle of Confusion and Jackoway Austen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day