- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hong Kong superstar Chow Yun-fat has joined the cast of Cold War 2, the sequel to the 2012 award-winning blockbuster that took in $40 million at the Chinese box office.
Chow will be the addition to the returning cast, including Tony Leung Ka-fai, Aaron Kwok, Charlie Young, Eddie Peng and Aarif Rahman. The film, which has started principal photography, is helmed by Longman Leung and Sunny Luk, the directors of the original.
Cold War, about the hijacking of a police car and the attempt to regain control of it, was the highest-grossing Hong Kong film in 2012, taking in $5.8 million in local box office. It garnered nine awards at the Hong Kong Film Awards, including best film, best director, best screenplay and best actor for Leung Ka-fai.
Cold War 2 is produced by Hong Kong’s Edko Films, and is slated for a July 2016 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day