- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actor shared a short video on Friday via the Russo brothers’ Instagram account, with a caption declaring that the action sequel is “coming in hot…or actually, freezing cold.” In a snowy location, Hemsworth appeared, slightly bloodied, on a train with stuntman-turned-director Sam Hargrave, who helmed the 2020 hit.
“First day shooting on Extraction 2,” Hemsworth said in the video, adding that they are in Prague. “Two things are different from the last film. One: very, very cold. Two: I’m alive. How? You’ll have to find out. Watch the movie. Stay tuned.”
Extraction tells the story of Rake, an Australian black market mercenary who is enlisted to rescue the kidnapped son of an international crime lord.
Upon its release in April 2020, the film was viewed on Netflix by an estimated 90 million households.
The sequel is penned by Avengers: Endgame filmmaker Joe Russo, who wrote the first installment and closed a deal to develop a sequel last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day