- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony is the latest studio to jump into the black ops game, picking up Shadow Runner, an original thriller with Chris Hemsworth attached to star.
Plot details are being kept secret although it is known it involves elite commandos. The project is based on an original idea from Hossein Amini, who is one of the writers of Snow White and the Huntsman, which also stars Hemsworth.
Tripp Vinson and Beau Flynn are producing, as is Will Ward, Hemsworth’s manager at ROAR.
Hannah Minghella, Rachel O¹Connor and Adam Milano will oversee the project for Columbia Pictures.
Hemsworth is best known for his star-turning performance as Thor, a character he will reprise in next summer’s The Avengers. He worked with Vinson and Flynn on the duo’s remake of Red Dawn.
Amini, who will also executive produce Shadow Runner, is the writer of Drive, the buzzed-about movie starring Ryan Gosling and directed by Nicolas Winding Refn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day